Thursday, January 17, 2008

Heaven

This pregnancy, to say the least, has not lent itself to moments of sheer exhilaration and feelings of contentment, peace, or calm. At least not in my stomach. Very few if any foods bring ANY exhilaration, let alone even satisfy my taste buds. Everything tasted pretty yucky for a long time, and although I will say I am getting over this hurdle little by little and puking is now dwindling down to only a handful of times a week, food is still not something I ever desire.

Except for one strange thing. When I'm at a restaurant, I look with longing at the fruity, icy beverages that pass me going to other tables. Like strawberry daquiris, margueritas, and especially pina coladas. Not at all for the alcohol, but instead for that sweet, frozen, slushy fruit taste--it just seems like little piece of heaven to me.

Yesterday I was in the store. On the canned fruit aisle I came across these things called Fruit Freezers and they are real fruit sorbets in individual serving cups.

I had one tonight, while it's 30 degrees outside, and it was A LARGE PIECE OF HEAVEN!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know, in case you're pregnant, getting pregnant, know someone who is pregnant, or really like fruit. Random, I know, but awesome.

Also, another random thing--my friend Angela posted this YouTube video of a young pastor's accidental mess-up in a sermon to what seems like teenagers. I laughed so hard I snorted, so if you don't mind "accidental crassness" and you're in for a laugh, click on her link to the right of this message. His mess up is funny, but his reaction is even more funny!

OK. See. I told you it was random. Goodnight.

10 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Glad you found the fruit thing :0) and that video was so funny. Bless his heart! He probably still has nightmares about what he accidentally said.

Emily said...

Yeah for finding something you can enjoy. I wish that pregnancy wasn't so crappy for you...at least you can rest assured that it will pass, literally ;)
I can't wait to watch the video, I love to laugh.

Jami said...

Hi Adrielle - so you left a comment on my blog awhile back and I don't think I ever reciprocated. I've really enjoyed reading your reflections on life & mommyhood. You have such a gift with words & your musings never fail to challenge and encourage me. Congratulations on Chloe Grace (LOVE her name BTW).

Jami

gwsas4 said...

Hey girl! Didn't really mean to be sneaky! LOL! I kept intending to let you know that I found your blog, but I'm not a very good commenter! I have LOVED being able to keep in touch with you this way though! I'm so excited about your new pregnancy! I'm so happy that you are happy & doing well! That's great if you add me to your favs! I feel special! Love ya, girl!

Unknown said...

hIEEEEE! Arent you super proud of me for checking all this out & reading, even if i'm not ready for blogging myself? Love all the pics & seeing the big girl bed. I like how it fits right btwn the windows. :) Love seeing you at FUMC so often. XOxoxOxXo

Amy said...

Great header!!! I am jealous.

Emily said...

nice header, did Angela do that for you?

Adrielle said...

Yes--isn't it cute?! I'm going to have to get a new background, though, and play with it some. I bet if you ask her really nicely she'd do one for you, too! :) She's creative like that.

Adrielle said...

Yes--isn't it cute?! I'm going to have to get a new background, though, and play with it some. I bet if you ask her really nicely she'd do one for you, too! :) She's creative like that.

Dona said...

Adrielle
I am so glad you found a way to get your header on. It is very cute. Look at PYZAM.com, if you haven't already, for cute backgrounds. Good job Angela.