Monday, August 13, 2007

My Wonderful Life

Last night our family just relaxed together. After a trip to the pool with Skyler, we came home to Daddy who was just finishing up the yard. Coby started the "Wego" (Diego) sprinkler, I grabbed us some drinks, and we sat on the patio revelling at the awesomeness of our life. Our little girl was running into the water, giggling with glee at the pitter-patter of water on her little head. Milly and Bogey laid side by side gnawing on their own sticks, contented to be together doing what dogs do best. Coby and I sat there, looking at our corner lot, our baby, our dog and our cousin-dog, and thought we pretty much had every single thing we ever needed.

In my spirit I knew this weekend was the eve of big changes for Coby, even though his day today seemed somewhat "normal" as far as work was concerned. I knew last night, though, that this day was the beginning of a great commissioning for him, and a new beginning for us. What an amazing God we serve! What an awesome pleasure to enjoy the little things--a warm summer evening, locusts chirping, breeze blowing, and family spending time together--and the big things--a new position at a new job that TOTALLY fits him, a secure, "profitable" business that ministers to kids and helps them become better readers while they're at it, and the ultimate joy of being mommy and daddy to Skyler, the joy of our lives!!!!! The most important job ever, might I add!

I wonder where the next year will take us and what new adventures we will encounter. I wonder what will change and what will stay the same. I wonder so many things, but I don't wonder at the goodness of my God. I don't wonder at his faithfulness and that he longs to answer our prayers if we will just ask. I don't wonder at his purpose and his calling, if we will but only listen for his voice. Praise you, God! It is you alone. It's so humbling--I'm not worthy of all this blessing. I'm not worthy of all this promise, but you have called me your own. You have set in motion plans for my family I can't even begin to fathom, and I say that it is YOU, God. It is all for you. I say yes and AMEN to all that is good, all that is hard, all that is before us. What a blessing. What a precious blessing!

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Adrielle,
I love reading the words you have written so beautifully describing every day blessings; such peacefulness and such love between you, Coby, and Scrappy Skyler LeeAnne. All three of you make an incredible little family and I love you so much! Love, Mama J