Friday, August 17, 2007

He Loves Me...

Yesterday I was on my way home from a meeting. I was by myself, which is VERY rare, and of course my mind was racing with all the things I have to get accomplished as a mommy, a wife, an educator. All the things of my world were filling in the void.

I was in Coby's car, which has XM radio and as I scanned the channels, I stopped on a Christian station. There was nothing particularly amazing about any of the songs I heard last night, nothing particularly emotional or moving or inspirational. My mind was going--I wasn't even really paying attention to the "words" or the music for that matter. But I found myself overwhelmed by a sense of longing--a deep desire to rest, to cry, to get emotional. The Adrielle I am reasoned it away for a minute, blaming it on stress or the rythme of the music--HOW ANALYTICAL AND HOW SILLY!!! :)

As I wondered at my wondering, I said, "Lord, are you saying something to me? Am I supposed to be listening to you?" In that still, quiet nudging that is so real, so intimate, so close to my heart, so a part of my uttermost being, I heard him say, "No, I just want you to know I love you so very much."

I stopped thinking in that moment.

I stopped analyzing.

I allowed myself to be loved by my Abba. I entered worship, right there in my car, without singing a word. Without thinking about it for one second. I just let myself BE.

It was nice.

So all you sisters out there, let God love you. In the stillness of that little moment, he just desires to envelope you in his arms and let you know that you are on his mind. He loves you. PERIOD. No matter what. He knows what you need, what you desire, what makes you sad, what makes you happy. He knows, and he cares so very intimately. Rest in that today.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing. That was a comforting reminder.

Mama Jeannie said...

How beautifully spoken; how wonderful those precious intimate moments with our God. How does He do it?!! How does He offer so much personal love while loving everyone in the whole world that has ever been or ever will be born? I am in awe of Him as I think about your reminder. Thanks Adrielle. Love, Mama J