Friday, August 17, 2007

My Girl

Can I just say that Skyler is one of the most fun, most adorable, most hilarious children on the planet? This summer, even though it has been busy, has given us some great memories!!! She's explored the water a ton with swimming lessons, visits to the Y, and little trips to the splash park with her cousins. She's had a ton of fun playing dress up with her sitter Loren. And as a family, we've had a great time hanging out and enjoying each other. I'm amazed every day with how much of a big girl she's becoming. I will say, she is potty trained almost all the way. She had only one accident each the past two days, and that was at the potty--she just couldn't get her panties down fast enough!!! And she wore big girl panties ALL DAY LONG!!! What an amazing feat!! I couldn't have done it without Loren's dedication!!! And she's beginning to say and do these big girl things that seem too "big" for her little two year-three-month-old self--at least when she's awake. She still craves cuddle time and wants to be rocked to sleep, and she asks to pray and sing the night-night song as our regular routine. I love that she's still that much of a baby, and I'm not in a hurry to dismiss those moments. Isn't it great being a mom? And isn't she just cute!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

She is so cute! I love her to pieces!!!

Dona said...

Love your blog! Glad you found mine. I am going to add you to my list.
Dona

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness! Our Miss Sky-bo is sooo cute! What a funny girl and I love getting to see her with my baby boy who grew up to be such an amazing dad. Thank You Lord for you faithfulness and your goodness revealed.

SuperMom said...

Hey, Girl! I didn't know you were a blogger, too! So glad that I found your site....still looking for your comment on my page....: )
Angela