Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Precious Skyler

Some of the most precious times of my life are little moments with my Sky. Today she was exceptionally loving and made it a point to tell me how much she wanted to hold me, including asking me to sit with her to watch Dora and play with her babies. Yesterday we wrestled on the couch and danced around the living room as we watched Happy Feet. It is so amazing being a mom. And these precious moments are so fleeting. I spent some time with my friend Jenny today registering for baby things and thought fondly of the times I did that. Amazing. Skyler is already TWO!!!! Time goes by quickly, and before we know it, it's gone.

So as I journey with her, I choose to hold on to those precious things...like coming in the door and watching her face light up, or hearing her say, "Bye, mom! I see you when you done working!!!" or "I go potty now!!!" YES!!!!! Even her two-year-old outbursts of frustration are funny. Last night I started praying at the dinner table and she said, "Stop it Jesus!!!" I don't know if she just wanted to pray or if she wanted me to stop praying so she could eat, but either way it was HILARIOUS!!! Coby and I tried not to laugh.

What a joy!!! Thank you, God, for the privilege of children!!!

No comments: