Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bunko

Tonight I went to my Bunko group and had a blast. The host had an amazing house and an even more amazing menu. Kudos to Julie. I have to admit, though, that I'm a little nervous about hosting next month. I LOVE my house, decor, etc. but it is always hard for me not to compare myself with the Jones', you know what I mean? These gals get together to visit with one another and have fun--we all could care less about each other's houses, but I still find myself thinking/comparing/ wanting more. I realized, though, that the conversations and bonds I have with these friends is all that really matters. THAT is what is precious, not how much my house costs or if I'll have enough room for all 12 of us. Anyhoo, I'm just thankful I am surrounded by such great people and have a house at all. How blessed I am!!! So I take my 1600 square foot mansion and two outdoor living areas, side-walk chalked carport, and loyal dog Bogey and call it my little piece of HEAVEN! :)

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

I didn't know you were a Bunko girl. You are right; your home is precious and the people in it are what make it so. I do understand the temptation to always compare and want more. I've struggled with that myself. I guess the balance is being satisfied, yet remaining open to creativity as the Spirit leads and God provides. Lord knows we've made our share of blunders, but God's grace is sufficient and His mercies are new every morning.