Saturday, June 30, 2007

Our Anniversary

Last night Coby and I celebrated our anniversary by going to Temple to try out an Italian restaurant we heard about, Pignetti's. It was super good, and we had a very relaxing evening. Although our waiter was new, I think. He seemed really nervous.

Mom and Ray wanted Skyler to come stay the night, so I'm blogging at 8:30 in the morning in my PJ's. AWESOME!!! Skyler's cutting four molars, so she's been up at night a lot the past few weeks. Last night I slept through the night--sooooo wonderful!! I hope Mom wasn't up much! :) It's amazing how much you appreciate the little things once you have kids, but I already miss my little Sky, so I'll probably go get her soon.

I digress. All in all, a great night. And how awesome that I've been married eight years. It just seems like yesterday I was walking down the aisle, doesn't it!! Mom and Ray, celebrating newly married bliss, blessed us with an anniversary present and sweet card. I couldn't help but reflect on how different our lives are now compared to how they were seven years ago. I love that we have a God of second chances. It is great to see my mom so happy and content, and watch her and Ray grow more in love with each other. I think we all know that it took me some time to get used to the idea, but I always wanted Mom to know love again. I think our lives are meant to love. Whether we're married 25 years or 70-something like my great-grandparents, it is a treasure to be married. Ray is a blessing to our family, and I'm thankful for their love.

Coby and I are doing a little marriage enrichment summer dating series at church, and it's been so neat to see how much we KNOW each other. Our date was more evidence of this. Last night, we were finishing each other's sentences and thinking the same thoughts. I'm tearful even now thinking of the blessing he is to my life. I can't imagine walking through life without him. Thank you, God, for eight years to love him, and many, many more to come!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for loving my brother!