Monday, March 31, 2008

32 Weeks and Counting


Wow. This pregnancy has flown by--a good thing all in all, but now we're down to crunch time. And I am to the point (much earlier than with Skyler, I might add) that I no longer want to be pregnant. On a good note, I can still wear closed toed shoes and, in my rebellion caused by the last pregnancy's HUGE swelling of feet, I wear high heels as much as possible! :) I mean, have you ever seen anything like them? Totally GROSS!!! And painful. Praise the Lord, I have not shared this experience this time. Also, I think I've gained less weight than before, and I seem to be a little more organized with my time--probably because I have more of it now that I'm not a full-time teacher.
On the flip side, though, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night frequently thinking of all the things I have to do--organizing closets, throwing out even MORE stuff, painting, carpeting, getting baby books somewhat in order, making out a birthday plan, finishing a birthday project for Skyler, most recently and necessary--finishing our TAXES that I was supposed to have in to my tax guy last Friday!!! The list is never-ending. I so want Chloe Grace to be at peace when she's born. I want to be able to relax and focus on my family, not be stressed out about having no space and a ton of unfinished work. And this whole nesting instinct is hitting me full throttle!!!! What does that mean? Something? Nothing?
So here is my status as of 32 weeks:
* House is clean, yet unorganized
* Closets are in disarray
* Taxes are unfinished
* Clients are still coming--this is the busiest week of the month for me.
* Skyler's project is still in the "thinking" process
My body:
* Cute feet still :)
* Contractions (some painful) daily
* Still throwing up some mornings :(
* Incredibly round tummy
* Back is only uncomfortable if I sit too long
* Starting to feel pressure
Is she coming early? Our sitter's mom said that God told her I'd deliver 2 weeks early--a possibility since Skyler was 9 days early. Let's believe it!!!!!!!! Real due date: May 26th--prophetic due date--May 12th
So if you have any encouraging words or funny stories about your latest pregnancy, fill me in. Let's dialogue and get my mind off of my world!!! :)

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Adrielle, I don't, of course, have any funny stories of a recent pregnancy; God forbid!, but I guess it's kinda funny that we rode bikes on my due date with Amy (second pregnancy). She was two weeks late, but that doesn't mean anything at all. So were Coby and Sara. Em was the only one born on her due date. I'm rootin' for May 12th with ya. Hope that dream comes true, but if it doesn't, you will survive. :0) Love you.

Rose said...

May 12 is a beautiful birthday! I hope that she comes on that day!