Saturday, December 1, 2007

My EYES!!!

Tonight we ventured out to our first Baylor basketball game of the season with Coby's parents. It was very exciting, and although we lost, those Bears gave it a good fight!!!

The game started at 8:00, which, needless to say, means Skyler started the night pretty tired. But, she was all about the game. She "Sic 'em Bears!!" a few times, crawled all over us, and even jumped up and down like a mad woman on my lap for the last five minutes of the game. She said, "This was very fun, Mommy!" and gave an approving drowsy nod as we went to the car.

We sat...and sat...and sat for a long while in line waiting for our turn to leave the parking lot. Skyler was watching A Bug's Life in the back and all of a sudden got frustrated.

"Mommy!" she said. "I can't close my eyes!!!" Bless her heart, she was so torn between the movie and sleep, and her eye muscles were so tired from trying to stay open that I literally think they were frozen in place. Finally after a few minutes of her whining annoyance, I said, "Skyler, it's okay to close your eyes. You can still hear the movie."

"Ok, Mommy."

Within seconds she was asleep. That girl of mine!! She sure is hillarious!! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so funny. I REALLY wish that I could be around her more. I love laughing and she is one of the few that can make me laugh. I love my little niece!