Sunday, October 21, 2007

My 30th Birthday

Family is an important thing to me.

I guess it always has been, but I think it is even more important to me as I get older and see all the amazing quiltwork of our lives unfold, both physically and spiritually.

In the personal patchwork of my own life, I was able to add a few "quiltblocks" this weekend. I had a wonderful time sharing with my best friends in the whole world over lunch at Panera, and I actually felt good enough to eat the whole lunch!! Major accomplishment for this prego. Then I had a blast watching my daughter play with all her cousins in the backyard that night and spent the day today with Coby's family just hanging out and being together.

Then tonight, my wonderful Mommy orchestrated a surprise party for me!!! Bless her heart, she had already planned it at a restaurant, but after knowing my desire to just hang out at her house, changed the plans with her husband Ray's help. (Amazing hamburgers, Ray!!!) It was a wonderful surprise with all the people I love and cherish the very most...my family. My mom, siblings, Coby's family, and my best friends. It really, truly was the best!!!

Thank you for coming this weekend everyone! Thank you for blessing me so much with your life, your time, your love, your prayers!!! Raschael, thank you for watching my girl on Saturday and Mom, thank you for making my night so special!!! Thanks Powells, Waters, and Kavalich's for making the trip!! It means a lot to me that you would do that...just for me!

I love you guys!!! I'm excited to keep working on my quilt with you all along the way!

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Isn't your 'quilt' so warm and cozy; in the most real and relational sense of the word? I love that analogy Adrielle. We loved being with you; celebrating you. We love that you are a part of our family and that we can be connected with yours. Your mom, Ray, and the rest of your family did a great job in pulling off a truly surprising and happy birthday party for you. I agree; those hamburgers Ray prepared for us were great! Tell him and your mama I said "Thanks again"for the fun evening and for including all of the Selke clan. I think playing with and watching all of my grandkids and their mommies and daddies in your backyard was a highlight of my weekend as well. We are blessed beyond measure, aren't we? I love you!