Saturday, July 21, 2007

Too Busy!!!

This week has been CRAZY!!!!! Coby had to be out of town a lot for work, and I had to get ready for the Bunko party. That in itself, in addition to work, laundry (Amy, you with me?? :) ) and everything else in the world made my days long.

So here's my great epiphany...

I do things the hard way.

My house, having little to no counter space, needed more kitchen counters/cabinets, so I decided this week would be the best time to get an island for my little kitchen, before the party on Thursday. The only deal was that it wasn't assembled. I STAYED UP UNTIL 2 A.M. putting the thing together. I also wanted valances for the kitchen. I put those up, too. I also needed to clean house, pay bills, etc. etc. etc. AHHHHH!!!!

Why do I need to do these things all in the same three days?

Because I'm ADRIELLE. My brother would be laughing at me right now.

So anyway, I got it all done and pulled off a pretty good Cuban-inspired dinner party. The girls seemed to have fun and my mojitos were a hit. But I learned a good lesson this week. It isn't about the "what," it's about the "who." I think we forget that too often. In all the doing, I lacked down time with my husband, didn't play with Skyler too much, and couldn't help my brother move into his house until today. I know that some weeks are just like that and that I shouldn't beat myself up about it or anything, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. I really like hanging out with Coby, and tonight, as I played with Skyler on the floor at Poppy and Gibbie's house, I thought, "I sure am glad that THIS is what I live for--not all the stuff." I plan on taking more time with my family next week, and I think busy weeks like this remind me to be sensitive to what is most important. They keep me grounded, reflective because all the "doing" in the world just doesn't cut it for me. I have to have Coby and Skyler. I have to connect with my family. I have to invest in what is most precious. God, help me to appreciate every moment, and in the midst of those times where Time isn't on my side, help me to always remember what is most important.

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Amen! We all need to be reminded to keep our focus on what is most precious, don't we? Thank you for your sweet admonition through your own testimony Adrielle. I agree; it's not the 'what'; it's always the 'who'. Good word.